The Comfort of Home® for Alzheimer’s Disease is a hands-on practical guide which covers the basics, from understanding Alzheimer’s, to giving you insight into the world of the person with Alzheimer’s so you can cope with behavioral symptoms and provide better care. Designed to take the fear out of home care and to help caregivers find the moments of joy in Alzheimer’s care.
Authors: Dr. Mary Mittelman, DrPH; Cynthia Epstein, LCSW; Paula Derr, RN; and Maria Meyer
Format: Soft cover, 7 x 9, 288 pages
Table of Contents
Buy on Amazon.com
Buy Kindle Edition on Amazon
Frequently Purchased With: Training Kit – Companion PowerPoint Alzheimer’s Presentation Kit and Video - The Family Guide to Alzheimer’s Disease
PRAISE “Alzheimer’s disease is one of the most challenging conditions facing families and society. This book offers solid guidance to those who care for a friend or relative with this brain disease. Practical tips for navigating the journey of caregiving are spelled out in clear and simple language by seasoned professionals.” —Daniel Kuhn, MSW, Author of Alzheimer’s Early Stages and The Art of Dementia Care
A to Z – From the early signs to the late stages, helping you to:
- understand difficult behaviors
- make the home safe and comfortable
- reduce the chance of conflict with the person with AD and make everyday activities easier
- make everyday activities like toileting, bathing, feeding and dressing easier
- work with the doctors and the entire healthcare team to get the best quality of care possible
- decide when and if nursing home placement is appropriate
- understand end-of-life health care needs and the documents to guide you
- helps caregivers understand feelings of guilt, anger, grief and depression and shows how to enlist the help you need
- PLUS – checklists, free and low-cost resources, and self-care tips to make your caregiving job easier
AUTHORS Dr. Mary Mittelman, DrPH, director of the Education and Psychosocial Cores of the New York University (NYU) Alzheimer’s Disease Center; Cynthia Epstein, LCSW, a social worker, clinical investigator and counselor at the NYU Aging and Dementia Research Center; Paula Derr, RN, Quality Coordinator at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center; and Maria Meyer, President/Publisher of CareTrust Publications. Read more about the authors .
Need informational flyer for support group meetings? Download PDF Flyer Here
Request complimentary Door Prize books for your next caregiver conference. Contact Us for Details!