The Comfort of Home™ for Chronic Lung Disease is a basic but complete guide to answering your questions about caregiving to individuals with lung disease. This guide to in-home care uses current best practices in lung disease treatment. It offers practical tips for the activities of daily living as well as the more complicated and stressful situations a caregiver may face. It also includes a wide-ranging list of resources for further reading and study.
Authors: Mary Gilmartin, BSN, RRT; Paula Derr, RN; and Maria Meyer
Format: Soft cover, 7 x 9, 350 pages
Retail: $24.95 Currently Available with 20% discount – $19.95 per book. Save $5.00 per book.
Case Quantity Discount: 40% off 16-book case quantities – only $14.97 per book ($239.52 per case)
PRAISE “This book should be read by anyone who will undertake the role of caregiver for family members with chronic lung disease. It will alert the potential caregiver to important issues to address in their new roles. It provides a source of comfort to know that others in this position have successfully adopted a challenging new and important task for their loved ones.” —Barry Make, MD; Co-Director, COPD Program, National Jewish Medical and Research Center
Readers will find simple and easy-to-understand information on practical caregiving issues:
- understand equipment and monitoring tools to help with shortness of breath
- work with the pulmonologist to avoid hospitalizations
- plan a walking program to maintain endurance and flexibility
- learn exercises to strengthen breathing muscles and increase lung capacity
- learn ways to help compensate for impaired lung function
- reduce stress that produces anxiety resulting in shortness of breath and panic attacks
- make everyday activities like toileting, bathing, feeding, and dressing easier
- ensure proper nutrition and exercise—for you and the person in your care
- handle breathing emergencies and know when to call an ambulance
- checklists, free and low-cost resources, and tips to make your caregiving job easier
AUTHORS Mary Gilmartin, BSN, RRT, nurse specialist and coordinator of the COPD Clinical Research Network at the National Jewish Medical and Research Center in Denver, Colorado; Paula Derr, RN, Quality Coordinator at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center; and Maria Meyer, a longtime advocate for family caregivers and founder of CareTrust Publications. Read more about the authors.
Need informational flyer for support group meetings? Download PDF Flyer Here
Request complimentary Door Prize books for your next caregiver conference. Contact Us for Details!