The Comfort of Home® for Parkinson Disease is a simple and practical hands-on guide to understanding the disease and the day-to-day issues of caring for someone with Parkinson disease. Although not life threatening, Parkinson disease can have a major impact on quality of life. This book will help caregivers, family members, and PD patients understand the day-to-day issues they will confront and guide them through every caregiving stage from understanding the disease and its symptoms to strategies on how to avoid caregiver burnout.
Authors: Susan C. Imke, RN, MS; Paula Derr, RN; and Maria Meyer
Format: Soft cover, 7 x 9, 298 pages
Table of Contents
Retail: $24.95 Currently Available with 20% discount – $19.95 per book. Save $5.00 per book.
Case Quantity Discount: 40% off 16-book case quantities – only $14.97 per book ($239.52 per case)
Buy from Amazon
Buy Kindle Edition from Amazon
PRAISE “Truly the best resource for caregivers I have seen. The myriad of helpful topics condensed here is just what caregivers I work with have requested and will benefit from. I highly recommend this resource to all caregivers of those with Parkinson Disease.” —G. VERNON, MSN, CRNP, Neurology Nurse Practitioner and Faculty Member, University of Pennsylvania
1.5 million PD patients in the US; 60,000 new cases each year; most people get it over 65, but 15% are under 50. Readers will find simple and easy-to-understand information on practical PD caregiving issues:
- making the home safe and comfortable for those with PD
- handling everyday activities like toileting, bathing, and wheelchair transfers
- ensuring proper PD diet guidelines
- exercises to remain flexible and make mobility easier purchasing equipment
- deal with the particular needs of a person with PD
- communicating with health care professionals to get the service your need
- avoiding burnout with advice on caregiver self-care
- checklists, free and low-cost resources, and tips to make your caregiving job easier
AUTHORS Susan C. Imke, RN, MS, a certified gerontological nurse practitioner; Paula Derr, RN, Quality Coordinator at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center; and Maria Meyer, a longtime advocate for family caregivers and founder of CareTrustPublications. Read more about the authors.
Need informational flyer for support group meetings? Download PDF Flyer Here
Request complimentary Door Prize books for your next caregiver conference. Contact Us for Details!